Tuesday, 21.05.2019 – 09:00 – 17:30 | Teltec Salzburg
This workshop is held in English.
Colorgrading Workshop I with Director Odise Rexhaj
Colorgrading is more than screwing on the color wheel!
In addition to color correction and color theory, the first part of this workshop series also deals with topics such as creating a suitable workplace and creating a functional workflow.
All those who have questions about existing projects are welcome to bring their own laptop with the respective project or footage.
Introduction – 4 h
9:00 ‐ 10:30 ‐ Color theory
10:30 ‐ 11.00 ‐ Workplace
11:00 ‐ 12:00 ‐ Introduction
12:00 ‐ 13:00 ‐ Workflow
13:00 ‐ 13:30 ‐ Break
Colorgrading Part I – 3,5 h
13:30 ‐ 17:00 ‐ Colorgrading Part I
17:00 ‐ 17:30 ‐ Q&A
1. Color Theory
- significance of color
- natural colors
- color perception
- How to optimally equip a Color Suite
- What is needed to get started?
- Professional Broadcast Color Correction equipment
- Cinema Grading equipment
- the world of digital post-production
- professional Displays and Beamers
- retail televisions
- mobile devices and laptop displays
- Proxy Cut
- Online Cut
- Preparing a Timeline for Color Correction
- available exchange possibilities for color correction
- Exchange of the final cutting sequence with a color correction program
- Color correction or color grading
- Rendering the project
- returning the finished color-matched material to the cutting program
- automatic cut detection
- color correction based on completed projects
- color processes
- RAW material adjustment
- Combining different codecs and timeline optimization
- DaVinci Resolve Color Management
- Working in Rec. 709 – Rec. 2020, P3, HDR
- Difference between color correction and color grading or color design
Speaker: Director Odise Rexhaj
Odise Rexhaj is a director based in Salzburg, Austria. Since 1997 he has lived and worked in Austria and wherever the opportunity brought him. Odise Rexhaj is the founder of PLISI FILM, a company that offers high-end color grading services for cinema and television.
Odise graduated from Salzburg University of Applied Sciences where he studied digital television and graduated in film directing from the Film Academy „FAMU“ in Prague. His main focus is on the direction of feature films and documentaries. In addition to his work as a director, he enjoys color grading and working as a cameraman.
The participation fee is 195,00 €. Cancellation is possible free of charge up to two weeks before the start of the event.
Please also note our conditions of participation.
Number of participants is limited.